Remote Switching Solutions Keep Your Technicians Safe
Remote switching solutions from CBS ArcSafe® keep technicians outside the arc-flash boundary during dangerous electrical equipment operations. Our remote switch actuators and remote switch kits are easy to install and move from one circuit breaker to another thanks to a magnetic latching system that eliminates the need for modifications to switchgear. These remote-controlled actuators can be custom built for your electrical equipment to ensure safe operation. CBS ArcSafe’s line of remote switch operators are used in conjunction with a remote switch actuator to operate various types and styles of circuit breakers, motor controls, switches, and control circuits.
Remote Switching Solutions Product Comparison
Remote Switch Actuators (RSAs) are designed to remotely charge, close, and/or trip various styles and types of electrical equipment. CBS ArcSafe can custom build any remote switch actuator for any electrical device so technicians can safely operate electrical equipment from outside the arc-flash boundary. The remote-controlled actuators feature a magnetic latching system, which eliminates the need for modifications to switchgear. Easy installation and removal allow operators to quickly move the remote switch actuator from one breaker to another.
Remote Switch Kits (RSKs) are designed to remotely operate control switches that have pistol-grip style handles. Offering maximum portability, the lightweight RSK products differ from other CBS ArcSafe products by providing complete kits that include a handheld controller, batteries, control cable, an actuator with remote control, and a rugged carrying case. CBS ArcSafe Chicken Switch RSKs are designed to act as a remote electrical switch to operate (close/trip) select models of circuit breakers and motor control centers from a safe distance.
Remote Switch Operators (RSOs) allow service personnel to perform remote electrical switching from outside the arc-flash boundary. RSOs can be used in conjunction with CBS ArcSafe remote switching actuators or as a stand-alone device. There are four different styles of remote switch operators for various charging, closing, tripping, and racking operations.
Schedule a Remote Switching On-Site Demo
If your company is in North America, the United Kingdom, Korea, or the Middle East, we can demonstrate our remote switching solutions at your facility. We’ll bring our remote switch actuators, remote switch kits, and remote switch operators to you so you can see firsthand how our products protect technicians from arc-flash danger. Contact us today to schedule an on-site demo!
Which Remote Switching Solution Is Best for You?
RSA – Remote Switch Actuator
- This device is the electrical industry’s most rugged actuator with remote control. It is designed to act as a remote electrical switch that can withstand the demands of heavy industry.
- The actuators remotely open, close, and/or charge breakers.
- Remote-controlled actuator designs are available for most makes/models of breakers in the field. Custom designs are also available.
- RSAs are sold individually with multiple control options available.
- A rechargeable power source (RSO) is sold separately and may be used with different RSA models.
RSK – Remote Switch Kit (RSK) Chicken Switch
- Lightweight, user-friendly kit acts as a remote electrical switch.
- Complete kit includes actuator with remote control, handheld controller, batteries, control cable, instruction manual, and carrying case.
- Cost-efficient solution doesn’t require a separate power source.
- The RSK works best in environments where weight and portability are considerations.
- Select control switch operator and MCC operator RSK models are available with wireless controller and Milwaukee M18TM REDLITHIUM battery.
Remote Switching in Action
& U.S. Sales
CBS ArcSafe, Inc.
A Group CBS Company
2616 Sirius Road
Denton, TX 76208
Ben Walterscheid, General Manager
Charleston, WV Facility
4782 Chimney Drive
Charleston, WV 25302
27 Cressey Avenue
Shenley Brook End
United Kingdom MK57EL
Neil Brookes, General Manager
Phone: +447 770 500577